Hawaii’s Enrichment & Education Professionals
Summer Intersession Oahu
Not yet available
Space may be limited at certain locations. Please register by the registration deadline, May 20, 2021, to secure your spot.
|Day Camp Week Schedule|
|Week 1||June 1 to June 4||Week 6||July 6 to July 9 (4 days)|
|Week 2||June 7 to June 10 (4 days)||Week 7||July 12 to July 16|
|Week 3||June 14 to June 18||Week 8||July 19 to July 23|
|Week 4||June 21 to June 25||Week 9||July 26 to July 30|
|Week 5||June 28 to July 2|
* Closed June 11 Kamehameha Day, July 5 Independence Day
* * Program dates, locations, and prices are subject to change, without any advance notice
|* Registration Deadline: May 20, 2021||* $25 Late Fee after May 20, 2021|
|* Program Runs 6/1-7/30||* Closed 6/11 and 7/5|
|* Completed Grades K-6||
* 6am-6pm (Program starts at 8am)
|Program Eligibility: Our day camps are for School Age children, and require that 1. a child have at least completed kindergarten in order to participate and 2. Must be able to function safely in our 15:1 student/staff ratio. If your child is 5 years old but not yet completed or entered kindergarten, check out one of our 22 preschool centers! They are open all summer long!|
Please make sure to download (not yet available) our Parent Handbook for important information on what to bring each day, lunch, medication, emergency procedures, transportation, - the ultimate parent guide to our summer day camps!
Discounted Online Rates
|Full Summer Program||$1,425/child||$1,500/child|
|Weeks 1, 2, 6 (4 days each)||
|Weeks 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 (5 days each)||$180/week||$185/week|
|Half Day, Full Summer Program||$1,200/child||$1,275/child|
|Half Day, Weeks 1, 2, 6 (4 days each)
|Half Day, Weeks 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 (5 days each)
Tuition may be paid in multiple installments. The requirements of this plan are:
1. Payments must be made by credit/debit card
2. Upon registering, a minimum deposit of $475 per child is due. You may elect to pay more at the time of registration, and the initial deposit is applied to the overall balance.
3. At least 50% of the remaining balance must be paid by May 27, 2021.
4. The remaining balance must be cleared by June 24, 2021. Failure to do so will result in suspension from the program, until the balance is cleared.
|Lunch Program (Optional)|
|Weeks 1, 2 and 6 (4 days each)||$27/Week|
|Weeks 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 (5 days each)||$34/Week|
Discounted online rates and Lunch Program registration are discontinued at 5pm, on the Wednesday prior to the start of each week. For example, online registration and lunch for Week 2 is disabled at the close of the business day on June 2, 2021. This summer we are offering a delicious and nutritious lunch menu provided by Keiki Gourmet. Learn about our healthy and hearty lunch program here.
At Kama`aina Kids, children will have the opportunity to build friendships, learn new skills, and create memories that will last a lifetime! Our program this year, A Summer Full of Wonder, is built around enriching and on-site activities focusing on the world around us. Each week will include a variety of experiences, which are planned by our staff and aimed at strengthening each child’s Social Emotional Learning. On Site Activities include: Arts & Crafts, Collaborative Games, Simple Science, Music, Team-Building Exercises, Physical Fitness, and Guest Speakers. Kama‘aina Kids School Age programs are a safe and exciting adventure for children who have completed grades K-6. Our core curriculum focuses on developing critical 21st century skills—such as communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking—through fun, unique and hands-on activities.
General Program Activities
This year, activities for A Summer Full of Wonder will take place on-site. Each week, our programs will consist of a combination of guest presenters, virtual experiences, and hands-on enrichment activities, in a safe and socially distanced environment. On occasion, an enrichment class may be scheduled at an off-site venue or a field trip will be added to enhance a weekly theme. In such instances, Kama`aina Kids will arrange transportation based on the current CDC recommendations for safe transport utilizing school buses.
General Safety Procedures
Out of an abundance of caution, our Summer Programs are structured to abide by the recommendations for childcare facilities to stop the spread of COVID-19, set forth by the CDC and Hawaii’s Department of Human Services. These measures include:
- Daily Temperature and wellness checks will be conducted for children and employees. Anyone registering a temperature above 100.3° F will not be allowed to remain at the site. Out of an abundance of caution, children or employees expressing symptoms related to COVID-19 will also be prohibited from remaining at the site.
- All program participants are required to wear facemasks at all times, except when eating, drinking, or engaged in an outdoor activity that is constrained by a facemask (i.e. aquatic activities)
- Transportation for Enrichment Classes or Excursions will be provided by Kama`aina Kids either using our 15-passenger buses or chartering a School Bus through Roberts Hawaii. In either case, students and staff will be situated based on current guidelines for safe busing. All participants will be required to properly wear a facemask when traveling on the bus for the entire duration of the trip.
- All locations have a specified limit appropriate to the size of the facility and to ensure the total group size falls within CDC and DHS guidelines.
- Social Distancing guidelines will follow the current recommendations for School Age (Grades K-6) settings set forth by the CDC and HIDOH
- **Student to staff ratio is 15:1. The group size will be kept to a maximum of 15 students to maintain consistent and proper distancing between groups.
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Commonly used surfaces and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day, including before and after each use.
- Summer Care is for children who have completed grades K-6.
Each program has its own, unique schedule, planned by the respective site coordinators. As soon as they are completed, calendars will be posted HERE. Please check the website periodically for site calendars. Once available, you can also request a copy by email via email@example.com, or by calling 808-262-4538. All calendars are subject to change even after distribution.
If you are waiting on the site calendar to make your weekly selections, then we strongly recommend that you at least register for the week(s) in which program is needed to secure your spot. You may always add-on weeks, once the calendar becomes available, provided that space is available.
We do our best to remain flexible for our families to ensure your child has a safe and enriching summer. Despite our efforts to make accommodations, there are instances in which a site must be capped at a certain capacity due to limited spacing or number. To secure a space for your child at the location of your choice, we highly urge families to register as soon as possible. Although registrations are still accepted after May 20, 2021, we cannot guarantee that we are able to accept all registrations postmarked or received after this date.