Hawaii’s Enrichment & Education Professionals
Early Head Start Grant
|Kalaeloa/Barbers Point Preschool||682-8150|
Mail to 94-366 Pupupani St Suite #302 Waipahu HI 96797 or fax to (808)678-6937.
Any question on completing the form please call 676-2790.
On Wednesday December 10, at the White House Summit on Early Education, it was announced that Parents And Children Together would be awarded an Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership grant, which will fund a collaboration between Parents And Children Together and Kama’aina Kids to expand high quality early learning opportunities for Leeward Oahu’s most vulnerable infants and toddlers.
The program is for children between the ages of 6 weeks to 3 years of age. The cost of tuition is covered between the Department of Human Services and the Partnership Grant. The program is full-day and full-year closing only for state recognized holidays and one week in the summer for staff training and orientation. Eligible families pay no tuition!
How much do I pay for tuiton?
Tuition is free. The tuition for your child is covered by the grant along with incidentals such as baby food and diapers.
Which preschool locations can I enroll my child for this program?
See Participating Locations at top of this page.
What are the hours for care?
Program is for Full Time, Full Year enrollment 8am to 6pm with morning care provided for a fee. Certain days are designated as Holidays as seen in our Holiday schedule (example).
How much infants and toddlers can be accepted into this program?
Grant is for a maximum of 80 infants and toddlers for entire program.
Sounds great! How do I know if I qualify for this program?
There are eligibility requirements. These are
- Age – children ages 6 weeks to under 36 months, need to show proof of birth (i.e. birth certificate)
- Must apply for DHS assistance
- Income – need to meet at least one of the following criteria and show documentation:
- At or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Level for Hawaii (see attached email), need to show proof of income 12 months prior to application date
- Receiving public assistance. i.e. TANF
- Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Foster Care
- Preference is given to foster families and children with parents who are working and/or going to school full-time; need to show documentation.
Contact one of the Participating Locations at the top of this page or for more information email us here.