Hawaii’s Enrichment & Education Professionals
St. Joseph's Hilo Summer Program
|Day Camp Week Schedule|
|Week 1||June 1 to June 4||Week 5||June 28 to July 2|
|Week 2||June 7 to June 10 (4 days)||Week 6||July 6 to July 9 (4 days)|
|Week 3||June 14 to June 18||Week 7||July 12 to July 16|
|Week 4||June 21 to June 25||Week 8||July 19 to July 23|
June 1 - July 23, 2021 (closed 6/11 and 7/5)
7:00am-5:30pm (Program starts at 8am)
Registration Deadline: May 20, 2021
Grades K-6 Completed
Registrations received after May 20, 2021 deadline will incur a late fee of $25 per student
|Program Week||Online Rates||Standard Rates|
|Entire Session (37 days)||$1,035/child||$1,115/child|
|Weeks 1, 2, 6 (4 days)||$135/week||$140/week|
|Weeks 3, 4, 5, 7, 8||$165/week||$170/week|
At Kama`aina Kids, children will have the opportunity to build friendships, learn new skills, and create memories that will last a lifetime! Our program this year, A Summer Full of Wonder, is built around enriching and on-site activities focusing on the world around us. Each week will include a variety of experiences, which are planned by our staff and aimed at strengthening each child’s Social Emotional Learning. On Site Activities include: Arts & Crafts, Collaborative Games, Simple Science, Music, Team-Building Exercises, Physical Fitness, and more!
Kama‘aina Kids School Age programs are a safe and exciting adventure for children who have completed grades K-6. Our core curriculum focuses on developing critical 21st century skills—such as communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking—through fun, unique and hands-on activities.
To help stop the spread of the COVID 19 virus, please do not register if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Has your child traveled out of state or been in close contact with anyone who has traveled out of state within the last 14 days?
- Has your child had close contact with anyone DIAGNOSED with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Has your child experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, or any other upper respiratory problems?
Effective April 20, 2020
Masks are required for both staff and keiki 5 years and older. Click here for more details.
General Safety Procedures
Our School Age Programs are structured to abide by the guidelines for childcare facilities set forth by the CDC and Hawaii’s Department of Human Services. These measures include:
- Every morning, temperature checks are conducted for all students and staff. Anyone registering a temperature above 100.4°F will not be allowed into program area.
- Access to program facilities is restricted to registered students and Kama`aina Kids employees scheduled to work. Drop-off and Pick-up procedures are developed for each location to minimize contact between program participants and the general public.
- All locations have a specified maximum capacity appropriate to the size of the facility and to ensure the total group size falls within CDC, DHS, and county guidelines. If a site reaches its maximum capacity, it will stop accepting new registrations.
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds at a time (at least once per hour)
- Commonly used surfaces and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day.
- **On June 10, 2020, Hawaii’s Department of Human Services—who set licensing guidelines for childcare providers—repealed the required student to staff ratio of 9:1. DHS determined that childcare providers should be allowed to restore the ratios that were in place, prior to the state’s emergency proclamation, as of June 11, 2020. All other guidelines for cleaning, handwashing, sanitation, and distancing between groups must remain in place.