Hawaii’s Enrichment & Education Professionals
Koko Head Summer Learning Support
June 4 - July 2, 2021 (closed 6/11)
6:30am-5:30pm (Program starts at 8am)
Registration Deadline: May 20, 2021
Grades K-6 Completed
Registrations received after May 20, 2021 deadline will incur a late fee of $25 per student
|Program Week||Online Rates|
|Please bring home lunch, snacks, and drinks from home|
- Full payment due at the time of registration
- If registering after 6/11/21, then full payment is the only option available
- Total cost split into 2 payments
- 1st payment is due at tiem of registration and 2nd payment will be processed on 6/17/21
Daily Schedule Sample
|Morning Drop-off & Before Care||6:30am – 8am|
|*Indoor Activities||8am – 12:45pm|
*Lunch times will vary based on Learning Hub class
|Structured Group Activities||1pm – 3pm|
|Afternoon Snack Period||3pm – 3:30pm|
|Afternoon Pick Up & Outdoor Play||3:30pm – 5pm|
|Quiet Indoor Activities||5pm – 5:30pm|
The Koko Head Summer Learning Support is an all-day program that includes on-site activities to supplement Summer Learning. Open to students of all learning groups, our program provides a safe and enriching environment for registered students before and after their class time. On Site Activities include: Arts & Crafts, Collaborative Games, Simple Science, Music, Team-Building Exercises, Physical Fitness, and Guest Speakers.
Kama‘aina Kids School Age programs are a safe and exciting adventure for children who have completed grades K-6. Our core curriculum focuses on developing critical 21st century skills—such as communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking—through fun, unique and hands-on activities.
General Program Activities
All activities will take place on-site. Each week, our programs will consist of a combination of guest presenters, virtual experiences, and hands-on enrichment activities, in a safe and socially distanced environment.
We do our best to remain flexible for our families to ensure your child has a safe and enriching summer. Despite our efforts to make accommodations, there are instances in which a site must be capped at a certain capacity due to limited spacing or number. To secure a space for your child at the location of your choice, we highly urge families to register as soon as possible. Although registrations are still accepted after May 20, 2021, we cannot guarantee that we are able to accept all registrations postmarked or received after this date.
To help stop the spread of the COVID 19 virus, please do not register if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Has your child traveled out of state or been in close contact with anyone who has traveled out of state within the last 14 days?
- Has your child had close contact with anyone DIAGNOSED with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Has your child experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, or any other upper respiratory problems?
Effective April 20, 2020
Masks are required for both staff and keiki 5 years and older. Click here for more details.
General Safety Procedures
Out of an abundance of caution, our Summer Programs are structured to abide by the recommendations for childcare facilities to stop the spread of COVID-19, set forth by the CDC and Hawaii’s Department of Human Services. These measures include:
- Daily Temperature and wellness checks will be conducted for children and employees. Anyone registering a temperature above 100.3° F will not be allowed to remain at the site. Out of an abundance of caution, children or employees expressing symptoms related to COVID-19 will also be prohibited from remaining at the site.
- All program participants are required to wear facemasks at all times, except when eating, drinking, or engaged in an outdoor activity that is constrained by a facemask (i.e. aquatic activities)
- All locations have a specified limit appropriate to the size of the facility and to ensure the total group size falls within CDC and DHS guidelines.
- Social Distancing guidelines will follow the current recommendations for School Age (Grades K-6) settings set forth by the CDC and HIDOH
- **Student to staff ratio is 15:1. The group size will be kept to a maximum of 15 students to maintain consistent and proper distancing between groups.
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Commonly used surfaces and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day, including before and after each use.
- Summer Care is for children who have completed grades K-6.