Hawaii’s Enrichment & Education Professionals
Fall – Oahu
October 5 – October 30, 2020
6am-6pm (Program starts at 8am)
7am-5:30pm (King Street Preschool only)
|Program Week||Standard Rates|
|Fall Intersession 10/5-10/9||$180/child|
|DLSC Week 10/12-10/16||$200/child|
|DLSC Week 10/19-10/23||$200/child|
|DLSC Week 10/26-10/30||$200/child|
**Payments for October Distance Learning Support Center programs will be charged on October 8, 2020
Breakfast, Lunch and Snack
Thanks to USDA support, meals will be provided for FREE to all registrants for select Oahu locations. Meals consist of breakfast, lunch and a snack.
Fall Intersession care is available from October 5th – 9th for students currently enrolled in Grades K-5. All program activities will be conducted on-site. They include Arts & Crafts, Cooperative Games, Simple Science, and more! In addition to following the CDC and Hawai`i Department of Health guidelines for health and safety, each location has:
- A specified limit appropriate to the size of the facility
- A student to staff ratio is 13:1.
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Commonly used surfaces and equipment are cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day.
From October 12th - October 30th in the event “learning from home” is extended beyond October 12, Kama`aina Kids will continue our Distance Learning Support Centers. These Super Study Halls are structured to provide a safe and productive work environment for children in grades K-5. Daily agendas are structured to accommodate the various school schedules of our students. In addition to following the CDC and Hawai`i Department of Health guidelines for health and safety, each location includes:
- Kama`aina Kids staff to keep students safe, provide support and encouragement, and supervise children during Distance Learning assignments
- Adequate spacing for students to remain safe and optimize their focus during Distance Learning hours
- Small social groups of no more than 13 students
- Supervised Study Hall
Once Distance Learning is done for the day, enrichment activities are provided by Kama`aina Kids. Activities include Arts & Crafts, Cooperative Games, Simple Science, and more!
Please provide the following from home for each child’s Distance Learning experience:
- Electronic device, such as a laptop, tablet, or iPad
- Headphones for the device
- Personal “hotspot” for your child’s device, if available
- Pencil or pen to write with (if applicable)
- Your child’s online schedule