Hawaii’s Enrichment & Education Professionals
DLSC – Oahu
April 2021 (closed 4/2/21)
Registrations received after 3/29/21 deadline will incur a late fee of $15 per child
6am-6pm (Program starts at 8am)
7am-5:30pm (King Street Preschool only)
Effective January 1, 202
To help maintain our student to staff ratios, walk-in registrations will not be accepted at our Distance Learning Support Centers. Consequently, online registration will close at 1pm on Thursdays and reopen at 8am on the first business day of the following week. A student must be registered in our database before a center can accept him or her.
If a DLS Center has reached its capacity, then a waitlist will be available.
|Program Week||Standard Rates|
|Entire month of April||$800/child|
|**April - up to 3 days per week||$480/child|
**If selecting this option, your child may attend a maximum of 3 days each week, in the month of April. To ensure we maintain an appropriate staff to student ratio, our on-site staff will request a schedule of which days your child is expected to attend at the start of the month.
General Registration Policies
- For March, payments can be made in 2 installments, if paying by credit card. For the multiple payment option, at least 50% of your total is due upon registration. The remaining balance will be processed on Thursday, March 11, 2021.
- Space is limited and registrations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Once a location reaches its maximum a capacity, a waitlist will be available in place of registration.
- As a general policy, refunds or partial withdrawals are not issued for any days missed, once the month has begun. This policy ensures that Kama`aina Kids can cover expenses it has already incurred and is not intended as a hardship.
- Program withdrawals for the month of April must be submitted in writing by 12pm on March 31, 2021 and will incur a Withdrawal Fee of $35 per family. Notice of withdrawal can be sent to email@example.com.
- A minimum of 10 registered students per day is necessary for program to operate.
Breakfast, Lunch and Snack
Mililani Tech Park: Please bring home lunch.
All Other SItes: Thanks to USDA support, meals will be provided for FREE to all registrants for select Oahu locations. Meals consist of breakfast, lunch and a snack.
Kama`aina Kids continues it's Distance Learning Support Centers (DLSC). These Super Study Halls are structured to provide a safe and productive work environment for children in grades K-5. Daily agendas are structured to accommodate the various school schedules of our students. In addition to following the CDC and Hawai`i Department of Health guidelines for health and safety, each location includes:
- Kama`aina Kids staff to keep students safe, provide support and encouragement, and supervise children during Distance Learning assignments
- Adequate spacing for students to remain safe and optimize their focus during Distance Learning hours
- Small social groups of no more than 13 students
- Supervised Study Hall
Once Distance Learning is done for the day, enrichment activities are provided by Kama`aina Kids. Activities include Arts & Crafts, Cooperative Games, Simple Science, and more!
Please provide the following from home for each child’s Distance Learning experience:
- Electronic device, such as a laptop, tablet, or iPad
- Headphones for the device
- Personal “hotspot” for your child’s device, if available
- Pencil or pen to write with (if applicable)
- Your child’s online schedule