Hawaii’s Enrichment & Education Professionals
DLSC – Maui
October 1 – November 30, 2020
7:00am-5:30pm (Program starts at 8am)
|Program Week||Standard Rates|
|DLSC Week 10/1-10/2||$80/child|
|Fall Intersession 10/5-10/9||$180/child|
|DLSC 11/9-11/13 (closed 11/11)||$160/child|
|DLSC 11/23-11/30 (closed 11/26 and 11/27)||$160/child|
* Thanks to a generous grant from the Hawaii Community Foundation, parents will only pay $50 per child for our Maui DLS center, from October 12 – 30. The remaining $500 per child is covered by the grant.
**Full payment must be submitted upon registering. Space is limited and will be issued on a first come, first serve basis. Any past due balances for program tuition up to October 9, 2020 must be cleared before the grant subsidy can be applied.
Fall Intersession care is available from October 5th – 9th for students currently enrolled in Grades K-5. All program activities will be conducted on-site. They include Arts & Crafts, Cooperative Games, Simple Science, and more! In addition to following the CDC and Hawai`i Department of Health guidelines for health and safety, each location has:
- A specified limit appropriate to the size of the facility
- A student to staff ratio is 13:1.
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Commonly used surfaces and equipment are cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day.
Distance Learning Support Center
Our Distance Learning Support Centers are Super Study Halls! They are structured to provide a safe and productive work environment for School Age (Grades K-5) children. Daily agendas at each learning center are structured to accommodate the various school schedules of our students. In addition to following the CDC and Hawai`i Department of Health guidelines for health and safety, each location includes:
- Kama`aina Kids staff to keep students safe, provide support and encouragement, and supervise children during Distance Learning assignments
- Adequate spacing for students to remain safe and optimize their focus during Distance Learning hours
- Small social groups of no more than 13 students
- Supervised Study Hall
Once Distance Learning is done for the day, enrichment activities are provided by Kama`aina Kids. Activities include Arts & Crafts, Cooperative Games, Simple Science, and more!
Please provide the following from home for each child’s Distance Learning experience:
- Electronic device, such as a laptop, tablet, or iPad
- Headphones for the device
- Personal “hotspot” for your child’s device, if available
- Pencil or pen to write with (if applicable)
- Your child’s online schedule
To help stop the spread of the COVID 19 virus, please do not register if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Has your child traveled out of state or been in close contact with anyone who has traveled out of state within the last 14 days?
- Has your child had close contact with anyone DIAGNOSED with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Has your child experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, or any other upper respiratory problems?
Effective April 20, 2020
Masks are required for both staff and keiki 5 years and older. Click here for more details.
General Safety Procedures
Our School Age Programs are structured to abide by the guidelines for childcare facilities set forth by the CDC and Hawaii’s Department of Human Services. These measures include:
- Every morning, temperature checks are conducted for all students and staff. Anyone registering a temperature above 100.4°F will not be allowed into program area.
- Access to program facilities is restricted to registered students and Kama`aina Kids employees scheduled to work. Drop-off and Pick-up procedures are developed for each location to minimize contact between program participants and the general public.
- All locations have a specified maximum capacity appropriate to the size of the facility and to ensure the total group size falls within CDC, DHS, and county guidelines. If a site reaches its maximum capacity, it will stop accepting new registrations.
- **Low Student to staff ratio: The number of children per group is not to exceed 9 students, for each Kama`aina Kids employee. Groups are stable and will always be separated by at least 6 feet.
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds at a time (at least once per hour)
- Commonly used surfaces and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day.
- Once Distance Learning is done for the day, on-site program includes Arts & Crafts, Cooperative Games, Simple Science, Music, and more!
- Distance Learning Support Centers are available for students currently enrolled in grades K-5, as of August 17, 2020.
- **On June 10, 2020, Hawaii’s Department of Human Services—who set licensing guidelines for childcare providers—repealed the required student to staff ratio of 9:1. DHS determined that childcare providers should be allowed to restore the ratios that were in place, prior to the state’s emergency proclamation, as of June 11, 2020. All other guidelines for cleaning, handwashing, sanitation, and distancing between groups must remain in place.